Rummy Game Rules
If you have never played rummy before, do not panic as we have a simple guide which explains you from the basics of 13 cards rummy to the rummy rules.
Basics in 13 cards games
Basically this game is played by 2 to 6 players with 2 standard packs of cards which are termed as Decks.
Each deck contains 53 cards out of which one is a printed joker.
There will be 4 suits : Hearts ( ♥ ), Spades ( ♠ ), Diamonds ( ♦ ) and Clubs ( ♣ )
- Each suit contains 13 cards ( A, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K )
- The objective of the game is to arrange the dealt cards in sequences and sets.
- Sequence : Minimum of 3 cards with consecutive numbers of the same suit. Ex: 8♣ 9♣ 10♣ ( pure sequence ) and 8♣ 6♦ 10♣ ( impure sequence if 6♦ is a joker )
- Set : Minimum of 3 cards with different suits but of the same face value. Ex: 6♣ 6♥ 6♦ 6♠
( In the case of 2 decks, 6♣ 6♣ 6♥ is not a set )
Joker: Printed jokers and drawn joker ( a card is picked randomly and acts as the joker for that game )
- Face Cards – J, Q, K
The player selects a game that has a targeted score. A toss decides the player who has to make the first move.
Each player on the table is dealt 13 cards.
- All the remaining cards are placed face-down and the first card is placed face open.
- The cards that are face down termed as Closed deck or closed pile.
- The card which is face-open creates a Open deck or open pile.
- A joker is drawn from the closed deck.
- Each player takes turns starting from the player who is decided to make the first move through a toss.
- The turns run anti-clock wise direction and every turn is a combination of draw/discard from the closed/open decks to form the sequences and/or sets.
- The one who meets the objective declares to meld the cards on his/her turn and scores zero.
- The cards of the opponents are counted and scored.
13 Cards Traditional Rummy
This continues till the players on the table gets eliminated on their max points leaving one player on the table. This player is the winner and wins all the cash.
On each win, the player gets the ticket to the next level. ones the player finish all the levels wins the grand prize.
The points of all the opponents are counted and scored. The winning will be decided with the help of coin value.
Winnings = (Sum of points of all opponents) X (Rupee-value of the point) – Rake on total winning amount.